UppedKestrel0 - Staff Application

UppedKestrel0

Part A - About You
Q1) What is your IGN?
A) UppedKestrel0

Q2) What is your Discord IGN (with tag)?
A) Fangkenstein#6442

Q3) How old are you?
A) I am currently, 14 years old.

Q4) What timezone are you in?
A) AEST.

Q5) Do you have a working mic?
A) Yes I do.

Q6) How long have you been a part of our server?
A) I have been apart of the network since its original release, have continued to support it the entire time since!

Part B - General Questions

Q7) Are you currently staff on any other servers?
A) In terms of Discord servers, 3. In terms of Minecraft servers, 0.

Q8) Do you have any previous staffing experience?
A) Yes.

Discord Servers

I am currently staff on 3 Discord servers, 2 of these I own and all of them aren't too active. The one discord server I don't own I am a Moderator on, I have to help with configuring the bots, moderation stuff and helping out with events.

Minecraft Servers

I have had experience in many different roles, from Trainee to Owner. I have attempted to run a server, this only didn't work out due to issues with money. I got up to Sr-Mod on a server called Minefury, this server had a fan base of around 1000 players and a player base of around 50 daily. During my time on Minefury, I didn't have to deal with too much, because the Staff there were excellent at their job. I got up to Helper on here, which lately had a peak of 20 players average daily, and a fan base of 1100. On here, I had to prevent people from breaking any rules. I think I was a great addition to the team here, because I contributed a lot during my time there.

Q9) How many hours can you contribute per day?
A) Around 56 hours weekly, with an average of 6 hours for School days, and 13 hours for weekends. Holidays, expect same time as weekends.

Q10) Have you had any punishments while playing on VulcanMC? If so, when and what were they?
A) Yes, I believe I was banned for 1 day because of "Island Griefing", this was unintentional, as I was leaving the island I was on, and took the items that I had thought I had contributed, I overestimated on what I thought I contributed and this resulted in me being banned for the next 24 hours, although I did give back all the extra spawners I had accidentally taken and extras, but it was to the wrong person on the island.

Q11) Why do you want to become a Trainee on VulcanMC?
A) I have noticed there aren't many staff on when I am on, and they are only able to watch over the server basically when I'm asleep. Although the staff already do an amazing job, I still feel like I could contribute a lot during my timezone.

Q12) Why do you stand out to other applicants?
A) I think one of the only reasons I should be picked over anyone else, is my timezone, I believe I am beneficial because, I am on whilst most staff are asleep. This is beneficial because I can watch over the server whilst the staff are asleep. I can handle most stressful situations, because I have had experience with a lot of them before, I also make sure not to be biased or let my feelings decide for me, I tend to think logically.

Part C - Scenarios: Please answer these to whatever YOU think you should do.
Q13) You are on the server and the only staff member online, multiple players begin disrespecting each other, swearing and insulting each others mothers, how do you defuse the situation?
A) I would firstly, verbally warn the players to stop as the server doesn't tolerate people disrespecting each other, even if it is a joke. If the players continue to do this, I would corroborate with the punishment guide if there is any, and make a decision based on the severity of the incident, and then report it to a higher up staff so they can keep an eye on them.

Q14) A player calls you a trash, useless and a stupid staff member, how would you react to this?
A) I would warn them that disrespecting players or staff is not tolerated, because there is a young audience, and you don't want to influence them to start disrespecting others.

Q15) Your best mate has just come on to Vulcan using a hacked client. They jump down into PVP and start using Kill Aura. You have evidence of them hacking, but they are your best mate. What will you do?
A) I would record sufficient evidence of them hacking, and if I had the perms to I would ban them, If I don't I would pass the evidence onto a staff with sufficient perms and ask them to ban, and show them the proof. Although they might be my closest friend, it doesn't put them above the rules. Rules are made to protect the community and not just say your friends.

Part D - Agreements: Please answer these with a Yes.
A1) During your application process, if you ask a staff member about your application, it will result in an automatic denial. Do you agree to this?
A) Yes, asking a staff member to review your application is not a good trait staff should have. Impatience shows that you are not mature or professional enough to help moderate and protect a server from threats such as: Hackers, Racist people and many more things. This also conveys that if the person gets accepted that the staff team don't know what they are doing and can make the entire server crumble in seconds.

A2) If your application gets denied, you are not to argue with the decision made by staff, and instead you should take it upon yourself to improve the areas you failed/lacked in. If you do argue with the staff decision, we will refuse to consider any of your future applications. Do you agree to this?
A) If I am to be denied, I will not argue and instead improve on my abilities that have been suggested for improvement, If I were to argue, this will make my situation worse and worst case scenario make it so I can never apply again. Arguing with staff just shows you are not mature enough to take constructive criticism, the staff are only trying to advise you to change, not forcing you to

A3) If you fail the One week Trainee period, or you get demoted at any point during your staff time, you shall not argue with the staff decision, and if you do it will lead to a refusal to consider any future applications. Do you agree to this?
A) If I am to fail my Trainee period or get demoted during my time as staff, I will not argue over my demotion, the most I will do is ask for any reasoning behind my demotion, and try to work on those parts. If I were to argue, this will show that I am not mature or professional enough to be staff. The staff team wants to be seen as professional and mature, and if someone who doesn't meet this criteria were to be on the team, the community could become anxious and it could deter people away from the server.

A4) If your application is denied, you must wait two weeks before applying again. If you don't your application will be automatically denied. Do you agree to this?
A) Yes, if you don't wait the required amount of time, this just shows that you do not have the patience or ability to listen to staff. If a player gets accepted under these conditions, it shows that the staff team have not trained members properly and can deter people from playing.

Thank you for reading over my application, I hope to hear from you in the near future, and also to work along side you in the near future!

xWolfiex

Sr Moderator
Sr Mod
Hey Upped! Sorry that I didn't respond to your application sooner, I was off the team and I completely forgot about the forums, not going to lie, lol. Anyway, I'll give you some tips and advice about your application now! Hope all goes well for you. Best of luck with everything. Take care <3

Okay, so for starters I honestly really like all the colours you've got going here, but maybe you should die it down a little bit. There's a bit too much brightness on the application. Black is perfect as well, btw. Completely your choice if you decide to change it though, just my opinion.

About your detail you're giving, I'd say you'll definitely need a lot more then what you're showing, sorry! I know you've been apart of the staff team before, but you'll really need a lot more detail and you'll have to explain a lot more too. I personally just don't think you'll get accepted with this level of detail you're giving, especially on section B. If you work on that, then I'm sure you'll have a better chance of being accepted.

So, I'm going to be giving you a 5/10, sorry! I'll certainly up your score if you make some good changes to the application! Have a nice day! <3