Ways To Solve A Cropped Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishalio

Ghost Buster
Mishalio
Mishalio
Admin
First of all, what on Earth are you talking about, Mishalio?

Well... Have you ever seen stuff like that?

Player1: "Oh, look at my bal, Player2, I'm sooo rich!"
Player2: /bal Player1
Chat: SKYBLOCK

Or...

Player1: "Hey come look at my new build!"
Player2: /tpa Player1
Chat: SKYBLOCK MOVE

Wondering why it occurs and how to fix it?

Solution #1:
Well, a cause that I found for a lot of players is that they use an allowed client named Badlion, which features a custom chat. If you're using this client, you can simply fix the problem by going into your Badlion modlist, then in "Betterframes" (on top of the tab) then turn off the option called "New chat".

And done! You can now see the balance of your best friends, see how much you're spending in /shop, or get our sweet AI telling you not to move during a teleportation!

"But Mish! I don't use Badlion!" Don't worry, if you don't use it and still have this problem, here's another solution:

Solution #2:
If you're using a vanilla version of Minecraft (without any mods, from the normal launcher), try playing with this wonderful thing called Optifine. Not only it will give you a better FPS rate, it will also grant you an easier access to HD texture packs, Shaders and, in this case, it will also solve your chat problems!

Optifine requires Forge to be installed first. Both Optifine and Forge have their own website with a tutorial on how to install and use them. I advise the latest release version of Optifine 1.8.9 as it's the most stable and lag-free of them to play on the server!

And this is it! If you play with Optifine on, you should be able to see the chat messages normally!

*Credits to Astronomized, who helped me finding out this second solution!

Mishalio

Ghost Buster
Mishalio
Mishalio
Admin
I don't have badlion Client :<
I'll look further into it and complete the 1st post whenever I find other solutions. Do you use any other client with custom chat or a cosmetic mod featuring a custom chat?

Edit: Added another fix, perhaps it's what is causing the issue on your side.

Citrus

I'll look further into it and complete the 1st post whenever I find other solutions. Do you use any other client with custom chat or a cosmetic mod featuring a custom chat?

Edit: Added another fix, perhaps it's what is causing the issue on your side.
no i dont :<<<< I only have the original launcher

Mishalio

Ghost Buster
Mishalio
Mishalio
Admin
no i dont :<<<< I only have the original launcher
I updated my first post with another solution for vanilla, perhaps it's your issue. I told you this in my edit.
Try it and tell me if your issue is solved.

First of all, what on Earth are you talking about, Mishalio?

Well... Have you ever seen stuff like that?

Player1: "Oh, look at my bal, Player2, I'm sooo rich!"
Player2: /bal Player1
Chat: SKYBLOCK

Or...

Player1: "Hey come look at my new build!"
Player2: /tpa Player1
Chat: SKYBLOCK MOVE

Wondering why it occurs and how to fix it?

Solution #1:
Well, a cause that I found for a lot of players is that they use an allowed client named Badlion, which features a custom chat. If you're using this client, you can simply fix the problem by going into your Badlion modlist, then in "Betterframes" (on top of the tab) then turn off the option called "New chat".

And done! You can now see the balance of your best friends, see how much you're spending in /shop, or get our sweet AI telling you not to move during a teleportation!

"But Mish! I don't use Badlion!" Don't worry, if you don't use it and still have this problem, here's another solution:

Solution #2:
If you're using a vanilla version of Minecraft (without any mods, from the normal launcher), try playing with this wonderful thing called Optifine. Not only it will give you a better FPS rate, it will also grant you an easier access to HD texture packs, Shaders and, in this case, it will also solve your chat problems!

Optifine requires Forge to be installed first. Both Optifine and Forge have their own website with a tutorial on how to install and use them. I advise the latest release version of Optifine 1.8.9 as it's the most stable and lag-free of them to play on the server!

And this is it! If you play with Optifine on, you should be able to see the chat messages normally!

*Credits to Astronomized, who helped me finding out this second solution!
But Mish! Badlion nor optifine works for me !

Shadowhunter

Helper
Helper
The solution for the Badlion client works!!!
I use Badlion client all time to play so, lately, the SKYBLOCK message was bothering me a lot. So, I decided to ask Mish for my concern and Wola! she found out how to fix my problem :D
This solution mainly turns of the custom chat of Badlion client and replaces it with the Vanilla Minecraft chat which makes the command stop showing SKYBLOCK over everything and the command actually performs its function.

Thank You Mish!

Mishalio

Ghost Buster
Mishalio
Mishalio
Admin
The solution for the Badlion client works!!!
I use Badlion client all time to play so, lately, the SKYBLOCK message was bothering me a lot. So, I decided to ask Mish for my concern and Wola! she found out how to fix my problem :D
This solution mainly turns of the custom chat of Badlion client and replaces it with the Vanilla Minecraft chat which makes the command stop showing SKYBLOCK over everything and the command actually performs its function.

Thank You Mish!
I wish you could have kept your Badlion font as you wanted but I don't know if you can/how you can. Will surely look for a solution to that problem too, even though I think it's dependant of the "New chat" option.

Mishalio

Ghost Buster
Mishalio
Mishalio
Admin
Hope you guys had fun during Season 2, I am locking this thread as the season is ending in a few hours.

Thread Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.